from Tonic Studios newest release. I chose Harrop but it would work equally well using the gorgeous Bowscale. For the sentiment I used one of the new Miniature Moments sentiment dies - Congrats, and a topper from Tonic's Romantic Cottage 12" x 12" paper pack. The box is decorated using Folksy Florals 8" x 8" paper pad also by Tonic.
To finish I added Tonic Nuvo Glitter - Light Gold, Distress Ink - Antique Linen, some flourishes and polkadot bows.
I've been asked for tutorial so have put some steps below (I hope they make sense, if not please just message me), but if you're familiar with making pop-up boxes you'll see it's based on the same folding principle.
- Cut four of the same size die, you can choose any size you want depending on how big or small you want your finished box.
- Score and crease at the first and last scallop on two sides of each piece of card. If you're going to decorate your box with smaller scalloped edge papers cut them and stick them to the base card before scoring, this way you can score both layers at the same time.
- Line up (back to back) and glue three of the scored edges together.
- Next cut two strips of card the same width as the card between your joins, plus and extra 30mm eg if the measurement between your joins is 80mm, cut two strips of card 110mm x 20mm. Score each end at 15mm.
- Attach both strips to one side of the top edge of one of your interior sides at about to 25mm from the join (front and back). If you've decorated with papers and you have already decided on a front make sure you attach the strips to one of the sides and not the front or back!
- Now you can glue the last two scalloped edges together to form your box, and attach the other end of your strips to the other side. Use wet glue so that you have a bit of movement, folding the box to ensure that when you open it back up you have placed them correctly.
- Add whatever elements and embellishments you wish to the strips and some to the inside front of your box. Once this is all done it should fold flat(ish!)
Below is one I did last year using the same technique, you can see how it folds.